The first years, as is true of history in general, involved constant change and growth, spiritually as well as physically.
It began in 1954 when seven or eight families started meeting together. In the next few months, their energies and devotion provided them the human foundations of a church and the decision to call a pastor, a call, which was answered on October 1, 1955. The small group worshipped in members’ homes, but construction was begun on a parsonage and ten acres of land was obtained for the future church building.
With the completion of the parsonage and the inauguration of services in its basement late in 1955, the more than one hundred members devoted their energies in 1956 to the myriad duties of the church organizations and the widely dispersed church school classes meeting in various homes. Before long, the increasing membership outgrew the double services in the parsonage and formal worship was moved to Gall School. In anticipation of the ever-growing need for facilities, a building committee was formed and a Fund Drive initiated for a new building on the church property.
In 1958 the actual physical establishment of our church was finally realized in the dedication of the new building. The many problems and joys of utilizing the new building were experienced by a membership that exceeded two hundred at year’s end. The functions and activities of the church broadened sufficiently to warrant a growing church in a growing community.
In 1992 the congregation approved a plan to add a new sanctuary. Groundbreaking took place on July 19, 1992. The new sanctuary was occupied on Palm Sunday, and dedicated on June 6, 1993